Tuesday 8 September 2009

I made it!!!!!

This is the briefest of posts as I will go into more details when I have had a chance to sleep and reflect on what was without doubt the hardest, most mentally draining experience of my life. I am so so glad to have completed the swim, my crew (wife, father-in-law, and friend Rob) were brilliant, Alison and her crew were sensational and helped sort me when the guts went pear shaped and the observe Andy Dickson was just a wonderful helpful encouraging force.

I landed just South of CGN, having been swept slightly past the point by the big tide, in a time of 11hrs 6min. I am just literally over the moon to have completed what had become an all consuming obsession this year.

More to come..........

2 comments:

  1. congrats Ollie

    brilliant time and swim

    well worht the wait

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a megastar! Dame Edna pales beside you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete